Myfurnituregallery.com: U.S. Online Privacy Notice
myfurnituregallery.com respects your concerns about privacy. This U.S. Online Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information that we may collect via the websites and mobile and other applications that link to this notice (collectively, the “Sites”).
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice will describe the forms of personal information we obtain about you, the consumer, through the Sites, how we may use the information, with who it may be shared, and the options regarding our use of the information. The notice also describes the measures we take to protect the personal information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information We Obtain About You
In connection with the products and services we provide, we obtain certain personal information. Forms of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information; for example, your name, email and postal address, and telephone number;
- account information, including your online password and other log-in details used to access the Sites;
- payment information, such as name, billing and delivery address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by us and by our third-party payment processor and which we transmit to certain other third parties, including companies that evaluate fraud and fraudulent transactions;
- geolocation information (on our app), and other general location information;
- online order history;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools on our Sites.
Through the Sites and in our stores, you may apply for financing or other methods of paying for your Discountfurnitureplace.com purchase. These financing options and other payment methods are provided by third parties, which have separate privacy policies that govern the use of personal information collected by them.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
When you use our products and services, we obtain automated information, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
These technologies may be used to analyze information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. Information we obtain this way may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits. With these technologies we can:
- recall your data so you will not have to re-submit it;
- track how you use our products and services;
- modify the Sites around your preferences;
- measure the operability and effectiveness of our Sites and its communications;
- provide customer support
- otherwise manage and enhance our Sites.
You may be able to utilize your browser or device options to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. However, it is possible that without cookies certain features of the Sites may not be usable.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- provide our products and services (including delivery) to you;
- provide technical support;
- establish and manage your Discountfurnitureplace.com account and profile;
- maintain and fulfill information on order status and completion;
- maintain you informed of contests and promotional events and their progress;
- administer your participation in surveys and market research;
- customize your experience with our Sites;
- communicate with you and provide customer support;
- send you offers or other marketing or promotional materials on behalf of Discountfurnitureplace.com;
- perform analytics (including market and consumer research, trend analysis and financial analysis);
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- contact you for surveys, marketing or advertisement;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. These services are provided using automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate use of our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Through our Sites, information about your online activity may be collected to provide advertisement of products and services according to your interests. Our ads may appear on other websites or mobile apps through our participation in advertising networks (such as Google AdWords and Google AdSense). Ad networks facilitate advertising on basis of demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks operate on the previously mentioned automated technologies (e.g. cookies, web server logs, etc.). This data collection occurs both on our websites, as well as third-party websites that participate in the ad networks.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising please
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information we collect about you except as described in this U.S. Online Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with our (1) affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as order fulfillment and delivery, fraud prevention, marketing and payment card processing and other service providers that provide financing for myfurnituregallery.com purchases. In addition, we may share information we collect on our Sites about you with other third parties for those parties’ own purposes.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, stop receiving emails, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this U.S. Online Privacy Notice.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
Our Sites may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or Instagram buttons). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, myfurnituregallery.com is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Children’s Personal Information
The Sites are directed toward a general audience and is not directed to children under 13 years of age. myfurnituregallery.com does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 obtained through the Sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this U.S. Online Privacy Notice.
Updates to Our U.S. Online Privacy Notice
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our Sites to notify you of significant changes to our U.S. Online Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
Follow us on social
Get in touch
Leave your name and email below along with what you are looking for in the message box. Or you can call us at (908) 624-1500.